This is an exciting time for Tinfos, which is currently focusing on the construction of small and medium-sized hydropower plants (3-40 MW) abroad (currently in APAC-region). Consequently, Tinfos is looking for an experienced and skilled project manager to join our project department with the goal of strengthening our execution capacity. The Project Manager reports to the Project Director. Independence and great interpersonal skills are required for this position. The place of work is Notodden and the job will require extensive travel activities and longer stays abroad.
Tinfos has vast experience in the construction of power plants in Norway and recently built a power plant in Indonesia. The Project Manager will be part of a department characterized by high skills and activity levels.
The Project Manager’s main responsibilities
The Project Manager’s main task is to oversee the development of new projects abroad. When projects are ready for construction, the task at hand will also involve planning and managing power plant construction. Development and construction within the framework of Tinfos AS take place with a high focus on HSE, quality, delivery time and cost. This work includes, among other things, the following elements:
- Project development (communication with local partners, authorities, engineering companies, )
- Project planning and reporting
- Budgeting and cost follow-up
- Implementation of procurement processes, contract negotiations, and supplier selection
- Delivery and supplier follow-up from the workplace and in-field at the construction site
- Risk management and change management
- Extensive contact, cooperation, and dialogue with both internal and external resources
The Project Manager’s required skills and qualities
- You are independent and solution-oriented
- You have a high level of technical understanding, an entrepreneurial spirit, and good negotiation skills
- You have good insight into theoretical and practical project management/project work
- You have good written and verbal presentation skills, both in Norwegian and English
- You have good interpersonal and communication skills
- You have good knowledge of using computer tools such as MS Office
- You must be able to conduct, direct, and report meetings relevant to the project in question
Qualifications, experience, and practice
- Higher technical education, preferably with supplementary education in economics
- International work experience
- You have project experience, preferably in the field of hydropower
- Competitive salary and benefits
- Opportunities for personal and professional development in an engaged and proactive company
- A good and informal working environment
For additional information on the position, please contact: Tinfos AS att. Project Director Rune Kristian Mork at telephone number 908 72 145 or Commercial Director Harald Reigstad at telephone number 928 93 681.
Please submit your application, including your resume, by e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org by March 9, 2018.
Tinfos AS has produced electricity since 1900 and is one of Norway’s oldest power companies.
As of today’s date, Tinfos produces annually more than 300 GWh through wholly and partly owned power companies. The company, whose primary strategic goal is to create growth, is involved in several development projects in Norway and abroad. Since 2010, Tinfos has built 12 power plants in Norway and one power plant in Indonesia.